Weight Loss Ticker

About Me

My photo
TX, United States
I am a 39 yr. old stay at home mom to 3 girls ages 10, 9 and 7. My goal is to be fit by 40! I want to lead a healthier lifestyle. I was banded on 4/5/2011. I tend to be a bit on the sarcastic and cynical side. I love to read, hate to excersise (but am learning to tolerate it!), love to shop and want to smack anyone who is a size 2 (not really!). I am learning to work with my band and my new self one day at a time!

Contact Info

Please feel free to e-mail me at brendamyers@msn.com

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New Years Resolutions?????

I am trying to decide whether or not to make a New Year's Resolution.

The decision is really stumping me.

In past years, I made resolutions to lose weight, workout more, eat better, etc.  But, 2011 has been a pretty good year for me health wise.

Should I make a New Year's Resolution and mess with what I have been perfecting this year?  Or, should I leave well enough alone?

If the past is an indicator of my success than I may want to stay clear of any resolutions that pertain to weight loss.

So this year I am resolving to.....................................trust myself.  Because, I have never trusted myself or my decisions when it came to my weight.  I am resolving to actually listen to my body and my band.  To, quit second guessing myself.  To own the success that I have had and trust that I will make the choices I need to get to goal.

Trust..................it is really scary for me.  Especially, trusting myself.

Have you made any New Year's Resolutions? If so, what are they?

6 comments:

  1. I am making some intentions for 2012. I'm really looking forward to the new year. I am not making any resolutions cause I tend to go out of my way to sabotage myself. There are things I want to work on in 2012, but they are intentions. Not goals or resolutions. You definitely need to keep up what you've got going. It is totally working for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if I want to make any resolutions other than to be good to myself. That's the most important thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Ronnie. I am resolving to make myself proud in all things I do. I want to be proud of how I treat my body/ mind/ soul, my money, and my relationships. I don't want to put too fine a point on what equals success -- this journey has taught me that success takes many forms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Post....I think Ima just do ME! Do what I love and love what I do...THAT'S THE GAME PLAN! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just posted my thoughts on resolutions myself.

    And I love the trusting yourself resolution.

    I think that's a great thing to work on.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete