Weight Loss Ticker

About Me

My photo
TX, United States
I am a 39 yr. old stay at home mom to 3 girls ages 10, 9 and 7. My goal is to be fit by 40! I want to lead a healthier lifestyle. I was banded on 4/5/2011. I tend to be a bit on the sarcastic and cynical side. I love to read, hate to excersise (but am learning to tolerate it!), love to shop and want to smack anyone who is a size 2 (not really!). I am learning to work with my band and my new self one day at a time!

Contact Info

Please feel free to e-mail me at brendamyers@msn.com

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude..........Day 4

Today I am very grateful to be the mother of a truly compassionate child.

While out shopping this afternoon, it made Lily (my 10 yr. old) tear up when she noticed someone that was obviously in a far worse position that anyone we know.

She has a heart that is so big and full of love and tenderness that I know she will go on to do wonderful things with her life.

I wish everyone had 1/2 the caring spirit that she does.  In fact, I wish I did!  She makes me want to be a better person.

I wouldn't trade her for anything (even on the days she tries my patience). 

If only we could see people through the eyes of a 10 year old.  Maybe we would be a bit kinder, a bit gentler and a little less critical.

1 comment:

  1. so true...that is lovely..you are raising a beautiful girl

    ReplyDelete