Weight Loss Ticker

About Me

My photo
TX, United States
I am a 39 yr. old stay at home mom to 3 girls ages 10, 9 and 7. My goal is to be fit by 40! I want to lead a healthier lifestyle. I was banded on 4/5/2011. I tend to be a bit on the sarcastic and cynical side. I love to read, hate to excersise (but am learning to tolerate it!), love to shop and want to smack anyone who is a size 2 (not really!). I am learning to work with my band and my new self one day at a time!

Contact Info

Please feel free to e-mail me at brendamyers@msn.com

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Slight Unfill Does A Body Good

Ever since my last appointment with my surgeon (at my one year bandiversary) my band has been a bit on the snug side.  That day he added .25 cc's which took me to 6.25 cc's.  I thought I wanted it.  I am the one who asked for .25 when I knew in my mind .1 would have been perfect.

Ever since, it has been very hard to eat whole foods.  Water sometimes sits above my band for a minute or two before dropping.  I have had several episodes of night coughing.

I have literally tweaked EVERYTHING.  From splitting my pills to cutting off all food and drink after 7 p.m. (which is not a bad thing since I am a night eater).

But, last Friday, my band actually clamped shut.  Tight.  Even water was a bit difficult to get down.

We were at the pool when it happened and it was like 115 degrees (not really but it felt that way).  Anyway,  all of a sudden I felt my band get super tight.  Then I felt like I was going to be sick.

I HATE to feel nauseous.  There is nothing worse.  Then the last few nights I have had major coughing attacks in the middle of the night.  I do not PB during the day.  This is mainly a night issue.  But, it was cutting into my precious sleep and anyway, who wants to feel like that?  Not me.  I didn't get banded to live off protein shakes and yogurt.  No thanks.  Not happening.

So.............

Today my surgeon took out .125 cc's.  A tiny amount really.  I had 6.25 cc's in a 10 cc band.  Now, I have 6.1 cc.  And you know what?  I felt instantly better.

The moral of this story is this:  You know your band and how you like it to feel.  Do not hesitate to have some taken out if necessary.  It is definitely not worth coughing up acid at night to lose 5 lbs. 

I am enjoying a cup of coffee as I type.  It is heavenly (even coffee was giving me fits). 

Only you know how your band feels.  Your body...Your band.  Keep your tool at a level that works for you. 

7 comments:

  1. Glad you got that little "tweak"...it certainly doesn't make sense to be miserable. I've seen people post from time to time that they need a fill because they can eat chicken again and they shouldn't be able to...WTF?!!! I just don't think it's healthy to be that tight and I'm glad you recognized it and jumped on it quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading these posts. I can't wait to start getting fills. Right now I feel nothing but HUNGER! lol I can't wait to find that green zone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, agreed. I had GERD before my hernia was fixed at the same time as I got my band, and I'm *never* going back to that nighttime wheezing. Slow and steady wins the race!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did this a few weeks ago and I am so glad. It is great that you are feeling better. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You said it sister! My weight loss is slow right now about 6- 7 lbs per month... But I'm happy having no issues no PB so... I'm just going with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great advice! Glad you're at a better level now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Preach it, girlfriend. Glad you recognized you needed some out and took the initiative! Definitely not worth 5 lbs to be miserable.

    ReplyDelete