Weight Loss Ticker

About Me

My photo
TX, United States
I am a 39 yr. old stay at home mom to 3 girls ages 10, 9 and 7. My goal is to be fit by 40! I want to lead a healthier lifestyle. I was banded on 4/5/2011. I tend to be a bit on the sarcastic and cynical side. I love to read, hate to excersise (but am learning to tolerate it!), love to shop and want to smack anyone who is a size 2 (not really!). I am learning to work with my band and my new self one day at a time!

Contact Info

Please feel free to e-mail me at brendamyers@msn.com

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pictures. & Distorted Reality

Yesterday, my mom showed me some pictures on her camera of me before my surgery.  I think she wanted to show me how much progress I have made.  The problem is, I still see myself as that 300+ pound person.  Honestly, when I look at the pictures I do not see much difference between where I was then and where I am now. 

I have read about having all the "head" issues that come with weight loss.  How we determine our self worth by the scale.  I wonder why we can not see ourselves as others see us.  Do we just think the worst of ourselves?  Is there some kind of therapy voo-doo that will cure my distorted self image?  Can I run to Home Depot and buy a better mirror or magic reality inducing light bulbs?

Yes, I feel better.  Yes, I am wearing smaller clothes.  Yes, the scale is going down.  But, why is my mirror not showing me reality or why am I not seeing it? 

I am hoping with the next 10 lbs. I loose my mirror will magically un-fog and I will see myself as I truly am.  No, I am not perfect.  No, I will probably never be a size 8.  But, darn it I am working hard each day to create a new me!

No comments:

Post a Comment