Ten Things Thursday, brought to us by the lovely Laura at Beer, Dogs and Getting Healthier.
- My middle child stayed home from school yesterday with a fever, aches, sore throat and stuffy nose. Poor thing. She didn't feel well. Basically, she layed on the couch and watched movie after movie. It kinda threw my day for a loop having someone at home. No gym time for me. But, I have been doing the 30 Day Shred DVD at home so I didn't have to miss that! I guess it is good to be flexible.
- I have been looking for some dark denim jeans. There is a definate difference between good quality sizing and the sizing of mass merchandised garmets. I tried on a pair of designer jeans and a 10 was too big. You would think this would make me happy right? It didn't. Because they are falsey labeling to sell more product. That just makes me mad. I don't wear an 8 yet. I don't weigh anywhere near a size 8. Stupid designers. I know....I should have bought the blasted jeans and enjoyed the 8. I just couldn't. It's just the principle of it.
- I found this on Pinterest. I thought it was a good reason to workout. Who wants to be an easy target right? It doesn't matter that I haven't read the book yet. Survival is a good reason to sweat folks.
5. I am on day 4 of Jillian's 30 Day Shred. That's all I can type because I can't lift my arms up. Seriously, that woman can make me sweat like I have been at the gym for hours in just 20 minutes. I am hoping to do some major toning on my jiggly areas.
6. I have a serious love affair with peanut butter. It is my favorite food. I will eat it on anything. If left alone with a jar I will use a spoon to have what I call "peanut butter licks". I coined that term around age 10. I have been in search of something healthier.
I found this:
7. My daughter made a face at me while working out my abs. She said she could see my ribs. It grossed her out. I was just so excited to see that my bones were actually present. I guess I thought all my fat had just sucked them away. Awwww.........ribs. I puffy heart your reappearance.
8. My van looks like I went mud riding. It poured down rain Monday and our country driveway turned into a red mud lake. Did you ever go mud riding just for kicks in high school? I did. One time I got my parents Suburban stuck. Fun times right there. You should try to have people push a Suburban out of red clay mud. They will not be your friends after the task is done.
9. Why do I get stuck behind all the idiots that can't count how many items they REALLY have. I swear the Wally World here is filled with people who can't count. Maybe they need this sign:
10. Peace out!!! Have a fantastic and magical Thursday. Go get your sweat on!