Ten Things Thursday, brought to us by Laura at Beer, Dogs and Getting Healthier.
1. I am hobbling around today. I can barely sit on the toilet without crying. Why? Because I decided that I needed to increase my weight resistance at the gym. Oh, the pain.....the sweet, sweet pain. I love knowing that the hour I spent at the gym was not wasted.
2. Yesterday the kids talked me into taking them to Subway for dinner. I am not a fan of Subway. I know, I know........it is healthy. Or at least, you have healthy choices. But, I always feel like I could make the same sandwich at home for at least half what I pay. Plus, I don't eat bread (at least not soft bread). My choices were very limited. I ended up eating a bowl of soup because I was HUNGRY. Super duper stomach rumbling HONGRY. It was either eat a bowl of soup or gnaw off my own arm. I chose the soup. I think I made a good choice.
3. Since I have started lifting weights again, I have noticed that on the days I lift I am hungry all day. Not just head hunger. Shaky, pass out hungry. Does lifting boost your metabolism? Should I be eating more calories on weight lifting days? I don't want to bulk up. I would love any info you could give me! MFP isn't a big help. Those forum posters are NUTS. Nuts....I..........Tell...........You!
4. Tonight, Lily has her first all-star basketball game. The game starts at 7:45 p.m. in a town 45 minutes away. My child is sound asleep by 8:15 every night. She is not a night owl like her mama. I am hoping I don't have to go out on the court and splash her with water to wake her up. Maybe I should give her some pixie stixs and go-go juice (Toddlers and Tiaras mom's give their kids Mt. Dew and call it go-go juice). Yes, sometimes I watch T & T 's. It is my guilty pleasure. It makes me feel better about my parenting skills to know there are crazier moms than me out there.
5. I went thrifting the other day and found the most gorgeous jade green vintage cardigan. It has white beading on the front. It reminds me of my Nana. She was the perfect 50's housewife that wore shirt dresses and cardigans. It is a little snug right now but I am hoping with all this lifting I will lose some of my back fat deposits.
6. Last night I stopped at the gas station on the way to basketball practice. My tummy was rumbling and since this is a large, newer (and nicer) gas station, I thought I could find a healthy alternative to a candy bar. What I found was this:
5. At dinner, Georgia (my 7 yr. old) was staring at my arms. When I asked her what she was looking at she said: "Momma, you have muskles now. You are strong." I will always remember that and how it made me feel.
6. It is my mom's birthday this weekend. She will be 49...again! (haha) When I asked her what she wanted to do she said go for a walk. Seriously? I said what about shopping, eating a piece of cake, going to a nice lunch. No, just walk she said. She claims I have inspired her. Hells bells! I wanted a bite of a good cheesecake. But, it is nice to know that I have touched peoples lives. Made them change things for the better. That is something all of us need to remember. That we have the ability to make changes by setting a positive example.
7 I am sitting here writing long entries because I am avoiding cleaning. I HATE TO CLEAN.
8. I think I am going to cut it short so I can go clean (big sigh). I can't avoid it forever.
That is all my pretties!!!!! Have a great Thursday.