Ten Things Thursday are brought to us courtesy of the lovely Laura at Beer, Dogs & Getting Healthier.
1. I gots to get off The Juice. Off The Sauce. Off the wonderful, sweet, heaven sent sugar. UHG!! Why sugar? Why do you torment me so? You are the devil I tell you...the devil.
2. I haven't had any sugar in 15 hours. Yep. And my head is pounding. I really, really want a handful of chocolate chips (that are hanging out and taunting me in my fridge) but I am not gonna do it. Nope. Because I will prove to myself I am stronger than sugar-crack. I am giving those little heavenly chocolate nuggets the mental bird.
3. And speaking of birds................This is what was following me down to the mailbox this morning.
4. Have anyone else's kids gone Duct Tape crazy. Hannah has been making these Duct Tape flower pens. She now has about 20 things of Duct Tape (and guess who bought it). The duct tape now comes in all patterns and colors. How crazy is that? I remember when it was just silver....that was back in the day when I had to walk 5 miles uphill in the snow to the one room school house (just kidding!). But my kids did ask me one time if I lived during the Little House On The Prairie time.
6. I have had 2 protein shakes today but I really want a cookie. I. Must. Resist. Stupid sugar.
7. I went to the gym this morning and did 45 minutes on the cross-trainer while it was cranked to level 15 (it goes to level 20). I am proud to say, I have been to the gym or worked out every day this week. You would think this would make me not want to mess up my good habits by eating a sugar-laced substance. Sadly, it does not. It just makes me think I worked hard so now I should get a cookie prize. Must. Resist.
8. Lily has a 4th grade parent meeting tonight. I really didn't want to go but she is insisting. Since I basically live up at the school anyway, I am quite certain there is not much that they are going to inform me about. But, I will be a good little mommy and go and all the time they are talking I will be dreaming of cookies. :)
9. I think my puppy smokes crack. It is running around the kitchen island acting like a total spaz while chewing on a headless Barbie. Crack or it is mentally unstable. It could go either way.
10. Hannah and Kevin will be gone to the football game tonight. That means that dinner will be something very easy. I am thinking frozen dinners ala microwave. Kevin is doing the TV and radio broadcast for our high school football team and Hannah is going to help him "spot" the plays. She is pretty excited that she gets to sit up in the sound booth in the AC instead of in the bleachers sweating like a pig. Hopefully she will get a full time spotter gig out of this. Exciting stuff.
Well, that is all...have a great Thursday!