Weight Loss Ticker

About Me

My photo
TX, United States
I am a 39 yr. old stay at home mom to 3 girls ages 10, 9 and 7. My goal is to be fit by 40! I want to lead a healthier lifestyle. I was banded on 4/5/2011. I tend to be a bit on the sarcastic and cynical side. I love to read, hate to excersise (but am learning to tolerate it!), love to shop and want to smack anyone who is a size 2 (not really!). I am learning to work with my band and my new self one day at a time!

Contact Info

Please feel free to e-mail me at brendamyers@msn.com

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Scale Stalking

Hello, my name is Brenda and I am a scale stalker.

I didn't used to be a stalker.  In fact, I was a scale avoider.  Now I step on the scale 2, 3 even 4 times a day.  Why?  Do I think I will magically loose 5 lbs. in a matter of hours?

I don't get upset when the scale fluctuates during the day.  I know that the next morning it will go back to normal.  I know that during the week my weight goes on a wild roller coaster ride before settling a bit lower than the previous week (hopefully).  I know this because I track food and exercise with religious zeal.

But, I still stalk.

So, in a goal to be free from the shackles of the scale,  I have vowed to weigh only once per week.  I am making my day Saturday.  Saturday morning that is.  I will stand completely dry in my birthday suit and log the weekly number.

This morning was 241.  Hopefully next week will be a couple pounds lower.  And hopefully I will not go through a week of scale withdrawals from former stalking.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, if I had your success ... I'd be on the scale constantly !!

    ReplyDelete