It's Thursday.............which means.............10 things Thursday! Brought to us by the always funny Laura at Beer, Dogs and Getting Healthier.
1. I had an appointment with my surgeon today. Their scale said I had lost 10 lbs. since last month. I will take that! Encouraging since last month their scale said I had lost the big fat doughnut (as in zero!). My doctor said the nutritionist had stopped by his office and was worried that I wasn't eating enough. Say what?! I consume at the very least 1,200 calories and more on the days of strenuous exercise. It is a classic case of damned if you do and damned if you don't. Maybe I need to give her the link to myfitnesspal so she can see that I actually eat.
2. Cry-fest 2012 has finally stopped. Tuesday I cried off and on all day. Before band I would have shoved pie down my face but now something miraculous happens when I get upset. My band gets really tight. No emotional eating for me. Now I have to deal with my emotions. So, I cried all day because I will selfishly miss Lesley after she is gone. Don't worry. I am okay now. I already am planning my vacation for the summer (road trip to see her).
3. Because of Cry-fest I consumed liquids for 2 days. The scale is my friend today.
4. Yesterday, I had to run to Sam's Club to purchase candy for a PTO event on Friday. I loaded and unloaded $400 worth of candy and beverages into my car. I didn't eat one piece of candy! That in itself is a miracle.
5. I am in a size 12. A definite 12. 14's fall off. That is something I can not wrap my brain around. The last time I was in a 12 was about 15 yrs. ago.
6. Did you know that you can order a skinny latte at Sbucks and have them put a scoop of protein powder in it? It adds 8 more grams of protein. It is one of my go-tos when I am out and about. Much better than fast food. Which I think is the devil.
7. Here is a reason to go thrift storing. I found a North Face jacket yesterday at G'will. It was $5.99 and looks brand new. Retail.....$125. Score!
8. I really want pizza but sometimes I have a major problem with it. Any suggestions of type of pizza (if you eat it) would be appreciated.
9. I finally had to buy new sports bras. The sisters were flying everywhere and I was afraid I would give myself a black eye while running. Size L.....down from a snug 3X at the beginning of being banded.
10. I am so close to my overall goal of 175 lbs. When I set my goal, I really did not believe I would ever get here. Now I am thinking 175 is too high. I am not trying to be greedy. I work really hard with diet and exercise. I just think maybe I need to get in a healthy BMI range (I mean I did have bariatric surgery, which is a drastic measure). If I can get where I am now in under a year, then surely I can work and get off another 20 lbs.
That is all! Happy Thursday.