Ten Things Thursdays are brought to us by the always lovely Laura at Beer, Dogs and Getting Healthier.
1. It is good to be home. But.............I seem to have brought back some Pacific Northwest weather. It is gray and drizzly and a mere 72 degrees right now. My hopes of laying by the pool today have evaporated. At least it is not so hot I can not breathe. That has to count for something.
2. Here is a picture of my mom and me the morning we left for our trip. I will preface this with: it was 4:30 in the morning. Yet, we still managed to put on make-up. That in itself is a miracle. I can't say the same for the airplane trip back to Texas. We were scary. The people on the plane should be glad I brushed my teeth, put on deodorant and combed my hair.
4. Last night being the big 4-0 birthday and all, the hubs took me out to dinner. When I asked the waitress what the soup of the day was she replied: clam chowder. For real?! I was hoping for some enchilada or taco soup and I get CLAM CHOWDER after spending 5 days in the Pacific Northwest. No thanks. I passed on the soup.
5. Here is the view on the canal where we stayed:
6. As we speak, I am making taco soup. Just because I need some Tex-Mex back in my diet. Plus, with it only being 72 degrees I am freezing. I know, I know, how sad is that? That I am cold when it is 72 degrees. P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C with a capital P.
7. My kids (with the help of the hubs) built me a gargantuan planter box in my front yard. Because I feel the need to plant a vegetable garden. I wonder how long my dream will last since I have a brown thumb. One time, I killed a spider plant. You know, the plants that they say anyone can grow because they are so easy to care for. It lasted a whole month in my care. Before shriveling up and dying.
8. I have a lingering cold. I think it may be allergies due to the fact that I had my head stuck in the oven at my parents cabin cleaning out the filth from the previous renters. Let me just say, these people lived like pigs. I don't know how anyone could think it was okay to treat the house you are renting so terribly. It has spurred a cleaning streak in me though. Since returning home my kitchen and laundry room are spotless. My kids are a little sad though that mommy has returned and is insisting on living in a clean organized home.
9. This week my puppy has ate: several dirty socks, a pillow, a camera cord, the porch rocking chair (bad, bad puppy!) and a bone larger than her that I gave her in place of another flip-flop. Good thing she is cute.
10. I think I am making today my official exercise skip day for the week. I lack any motivation to go to the gym and it is too wet outside to walk or swim. I am putting this in writing because I have to get my lazy butt in gear and work-out tomorrow. We all need an occasional day off. I think I still have jet lag and can not function properly yet.
Have a wonderful Thursday!