Well, it's finally Thursday.............which means.................Ten Things Thursday brought to us courtesy of Laura at Beer, Dogs and Getting Healthier.
1. Why could I not have thought of this?
2. My arms felt like rubber yesterday. Because I am an overachiever and had to carry and swing the 3 lb. weights around during my 3 mile walk. It serves me right for not letting the husband beat me during our little race. Karma can be a real beeetch.
3. I haven't had a PB in a long time. That is until last night. It wasn't even on anything that I truly would have enjoyed either. Get this.........I got stuck on a prune. That's right, a prune. Someone told me to try eating a few a day to keep things moving. So, I did. My band no likey prunes. Totally not worth it. Next time I will swallow an Ex-Lax.
4. So far this week the puppy has eaten: the heel of Kevin's Reebok tennis shoe, a cotton ball (we did manage to get that out of her mouth), several questionable items around the trash can, a grasshopper, and her own tail (which now has a bald patch and looks like a rat tail).
5. Speaking of rats....................true story. We saw a RAT in the middle of the highway in front of Wally World the other day. A RAT. Not a small field mouse. It was gigantic. Seriously. I shouldn't have been shocked since is was in front of Wal-Mart. But still, it isn't something you see every day. Hannah said it looked like something out of an alley in NYC. It was that big. It had been hit by a car but was still alive. I felt really sorry for it. I am not kidding. I mean someone needed to put it out of it's misery. That is what I was saying. Out loud. And my girls were saying.......MOM! It is just a rat. But that didn't matter to me. I would want someone to put me out of my misery if I was a rat flopping around on a hot Texas highway. Thank goodness the large Texas size truck that was beside me didn't see it and took care of the job. Poor rat. Poor, poor rat.
6. I was so excited Tuesday when it starting pouring down rain. I had bought some Michael Kors rain boots (while in Seattle...because you surely won't find those in Texas) and a Michael Kors rain coat (at a thrift store....unworn too. SCORE). My poor friend Jennifer had to listen to my squealing when I found the rain coat and did a happy dance. You would have thought I had won the lottery the way I was acting. But it is a Michael Kors and he is my absolute favorite designer. Anyway, I got to wear them. It didn't matter to me that it was 72 degrees out and as humid as a sauna. Oh no. I just wanted to wear my gorgeous new duds. Here are pictures:
I LOVE them so much that I might just sleep in them. I know we all got the memo on how much money it would save us to be healthy. But, what they forgot to tell us is that it is really fun to shop. It is dangerous that I can walk into any store and find something off the rack. I may need to invest in a larger closet to accommodate my little shopping habit. Notice how I didn't say I will quit shopping. Red flag. Major Red Flag.
7. I almost took a sledge hammer to my scale on Monday. How in the HELL can someone gain 11 lbs. in one day. That is what it said. Crazy little devil-box. I was 161.5 Monday morning and by Monday night...172.5. GEEZ. I almost went into cardiac arrest. Then the next morning, back down to 161.5 and I got a lovely monthly visitor. Which explains the 11 lbs. But still....................11 lbs.!!!!!!! That is
8. Because it is that time of the month I made Ghiradelli chocolate brownies. I rarely bake anything. Probably, because I will eat it. But, I was really craving some choc-o-latte. Yummy. I won't make you look at food porn. Besides, they are all gone now. The family lovingly took care of over 3/4 of the pan. Wasn't it nice of them to eat them for me so I only ate 2?! They just love it now that I have my band and only need a few bites to be content. They all want to share with me or split plates when we go out to eat. Most likely, it is because they know I will only eat a tiny bit before I no longer want what is in front of me.
9.T minus 8 days and counting until the kids go to Bama to stay with their grandparents. But who's counting? Not me........................no, not me.
10. I will leave you with a picture of my fur-babies. Look at them all snuggled up. How cute are they? Even in their sleep they love eachother. The little one just has to be next to my big girl. Did you notice the flip-flop behind the baby? Yeah, that is her favorite chew toy. Her little puppy brain is probably dreaming of chewing up all our flip-flops. And my big puppy....look at her tongue hanging out. So cute! Can you tell I love my babies?