Ten Things Thursday is brought to us by the lovely Laura at Beer, Dogs and Getting Healthier.
1. A new law as been decreed in my house. It is called "Lily's Law" because it only seemed fitting to name it after Lily since she made it up. Anywhoo, the law states: If you (puppy) choose to eat an article of clothing then you MUST wear said article of clothing for the day.
2. The kids leave in exactly 17 hours for their 2 week vacation to Alabama. Their bags are packed and waiting by the door. I am trying to decide what to do with my 2 weeks of freedom. Massage? Pedi? Lazy pajama days? Or...........all of the above. Yeah, all of the above, that's the plan.
3. Who knew you could be this sore from running a mile?! My quads are SCREAMING at me. I am assuming you use completely different muscles when you run than you do when you walk. Is it warped that I kinda like feeling sore? I mean, at least I know I got a good workout.
4. The scale still says 161.5 and it won't budge. Stupid scale. My plan is to incorporate more whole foods in while the kids are gone. Less processed and count my protein. Instead of focusing on a number, I think I will focus on getting a bit more healthy. Don't get me wrong, I am still going to weigh EVERY morning. The scale keeps me in check. But, overall health is now my focus.
5. Yesterday, I had a little accident. I was unloading the dishwasher and had gotten water on my tile floor. I didn't see the water and started to slip. I thought I caught myself but my foot hit another slick spot and down I went. Not pretty. My legs actually flew out from under me and I landed on my left hip. I also hit my left elbow and back of my head. Honestly, I thought I had broken something. I couldn't move for around 5 minutes because I knocked the wind out of myself. Yeah, you can call me Grace. The kids were flipping out. Until, I started laughing hysterically. Like a lunatic or hyena. Hey, if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at? Anyway, I have a huge knot on my hip and the beginning of a rather nasty looking bruise. My elbow looks the same. So..........yesterday was my rest day from working out. Today, may be a swimming day. Hopefully by Friday, I will feel like walking or lifting weights again.
6. Did I mention the kids leave in 17 hours? Oh, I did. I am not excited or anything. Nope. Not me.
7. Georgia (the 7 yr. old) has been wearing a Harry Potter robe for the last 24 hrs. Do you think I should be worried? I may have to get it off her while she is asleep tonight just to wash it.
8. I really don't want to fix breakfast. So, I am hiding in my office writing. Why can't my kids be satisfied with a bowl of Cheerios? Instead, they want french toast. I should have gotten them used to cold cereal but since I am the overachieving mom, I have to make them something hot. My own fault. Rookie move on my part.
9. We only have 12 chickens now. We did have 21, then 18, then 15 and now 12. It's just a matter of time. Tick-tock chickens.
10. My kids are screaming at each other in the next room. Arguing about the remote. T minus 16 hours and 40 minutes until their departure. :)
That is all lovelies!!!! Have a fabulous Thursday.