Ten Things Thursday is brought to us by the always lovely, always funny Laura at Beer, Dogs and Getting Healthier.
1. I need the answer to an age old question. Are you ready? Here is goes................... Why? Oh, why, do boys find it necessary to pee outside? Really. Why? The other night, at 10:30 p.m. my husband walks out the front door and when he comes in I ask: What were you doing outside? To which he answers: Peeing. Uh.................is he kidding me?! Seriously! We have not ONE but TWO working bathrooms in our house. Yet, he pees outside. The man is 39 years old folks. But he pees outside like a toddler. Why? Is he marking his territory? Is he protecting his home from other wild peeing men? Thank the good Lord above we live in the country so the neighbors don't call the authorities.
2. I am ready for school to be over. I am ready for lazy days at the pool and not having to wake up at the crack of dawn to get my kids out the door. But more so, I am ready for the kids to take a vacation to Meme and Popsie's for 2 weeks in Alabama. I love my kids but sometimes mommies need a vacation too.
3. Has anyone noticed that they are much colder now since losing weight? I have. Last week, I was so cold I had to layer myself in sweatpants and a winter coat. Then, I climbed under 3 quilts before going to bed. If I could have found gloves I would have put them on too. I was freezing. My teeth were chattering. The hubs walks in and looks at me bundled up with my hood on and says: Well, if you didn't want to have sex you could have just said so! Hahaha!
4. I am having an ADD moment. I have this commercial stuck in my noggin: Sometimes, you feel like a nut. Sometimes, you don't. Remember that one? Yeah, classic huh?
***This random thought brought to you courtesy of onset adult ADD. Adult ADD...helping people lack focus at least 100 times a day***
5. There is a suck hole in my house. It eats socks and now tweezers. I have lost 5 pair of tweezers in the last year. And I am really picky about my tweezers. They all have to be Tweezerman. The last pair I lost were my Betsey Johnson pair. That is over $100 worth of tweezers this year. I am about to do some detective work and question my kids. Maybe put them under a bright light to make them squeal. They will rat each other out........maybe. Or I could try bribery. I bet either would work. My eyebrows are suffering, not to mention I found another...oh yes, another chin hair today. GASP. I am saying a silent prayer to the saint of misplaced tweezers. Dear Saint Tweezerman, please, help me find my tweezers. I want to be able to go in public and not offend people. Amen.
6. So far this week the puppy has eaten: 2 black men's dress socks, a bottle cap, various paper products, one bra strap off my VS favorite push up bra, a Barbie hand and 3 crotches out of (dirty!) underwear.
7. I have a dark TV habit. I watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians. There I said it. My face is red with embarrassment. I don't know why I watch it. It's not even good TV. But still, it intrigues me.
Kinda like when you drive by an accident and you have to look. You know you shouldn't. But you can't help it.
8. This time last year I had lost 50 lbs. (includes pre-op).........now, I have lost 155 + (I will log it after TOM finishes!). What a difference a year makes. I remember the insurance lady trying to talk me into having gastric bypass. She said I wouldn't lose the amount of weight I wanted to with the band. Don't let ANYONE tell you what you can or can not accomplish. If you want it bad enough you WILL find a away to do it.
9. My 40th birthday is less than a month away. You can send all gifts to: Brenda Myers............. haha, just kidding (or am I?).
10. It has taken all day to write 10 things. If you want to know why..........see #4.
That's it. Have a fabulous Thursday!