Weight Loss Ticker

About Me

My photo
TX, United States
I am a 39 yr. old stay at home mom to 3 girls ages 10, 9 and 7. My goal is to be fit by 40! I want to lead a healthier lifestyle. I was banded on 4/5/2011. I tend to be a bit on the sarcastic and cynical side. I love to read, hate to excersise (but am learning to tolerate it!), love to shop and want to smack anyone who is a size 2 (not really!). I am learning to work with my band and my new self one day at a time!

Contact Info

Please feel free to e-mail me at brendamyers@msn.com

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Banded~Finally!

After 2 years of research and contemplation, I have finally been banded!  This journey has been a long one.  2 years ago I backed out of surgery because I thought I could do it on my own. HA!!!  What was I thinking?!  Not only did I gain an extra 20 lbs. that now I have to take off but my self esteem went to the crapper!  It is a big blow when you realize you can not control the food...it controls you. 

After my new inquiry into Lap Band, it took 4 weeks until my surgery.  I can honestly say it was a GREAT decision.  I have not wanted my old eating habits back at all.  I have dropped 32 lbs in 4 weeks.  WHOO-HOO! I am no longer on the big 300 side!  What a relief.  I will not go down that dark alley again.  Screw the donuts!  Krispy Kreme no longer has a hold on me.

I am excited to be on my new journey.  I am sure there will be ups and downs but, I realize now that I am bound to make a few mistakes.  When the mistakes happen, I will pick myself up and get back on that wagon.  I want to be strong, healthy and one kick-ass hot momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment