Weight Loss Ticker

About Me

My photo
TX, United States
I am a 39 yr. old stay at home mom to 3 girls ages 10, 9 and 7. My goal is to be fit by 40! I want to lead a healthier lifestyle. I was banded on 4/5/2011. I tend to be a bit on the sarcastic and cynical side. I love to read, hate to excersise (but am learning to tolerate it!), love to shop and want to smack anyone who is a size 2 (not really!). I am learning to work with my band and my new self one day at a time!

Contact Info

Please feel free to e-mail me at brendamyers@msn.com

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Food Journal Website

In the quest to make myself accountable for each bite, I have succummed to keeping a food journal.  I will be honest, I thought it was a lame idea.  It would take too much time.  I know about how much I consume per day.  Then, I found a great website that is easy to use.  I mean really easy!  Completely user friendly.

The website is:  http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

Not only does it track your daily food intake but also excersise and water intake.  It is easy to plug in any food you have eaten as they have a database of foods already set up.  Type in the food and up pops all the nutritional values!  Easy peasy!

For water consumption you just click on the water glass to log how many glasses you drink per day.  It also lets you log the type of excersie and how long you excersised.

The really cool thing about this website is it lets you figure out how many calories per day you need in order to loose 1 or 2 pounds per week.  And, at the end of the day when you click the finished tab it tells you how much weight you would loose in a few weeks if you continued to eat like that day.  That is very motivating!

The website will run reports on nutrition, excersise, etc.  Also, it will create weight loss tickers for websites or blogs. 

Anyway, whether you are trying to loose weight, maintain your current weight or just track your nutrition, check out this website.  It is a great tool to help you in your weight loss journey.

Oh, I totally forgot to mention the best part....IT'S FREE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment