Weight Loss Ticker

About Me

My photo
TX, United States
I am a 39 yr. old stay at home mom to 3 girls ages 10, 9 and 7. My goal is to be fit by 40! I want to lead a healthier lifestyle. I was banded on 4/5/2011. I tend to be a bit on the sarcastic and cynical side. I love to read, hate to excersise (but am learning to tolerate it!), love to shop and want to smack anyone who is a size 2 (not really!). I am learning to work with my band and my new self one day at a time!

Contact Info

Please feel free to e-mail me at brendamyers@msn.com

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Crazy Texas T-shirts

My cousin came for a short visit this afternoon.  We took the kids and walked around the Granbury historic square.  It is full of tacky memorabilia, bobble headed figures and lots of blingy jewelry.

Upon entering what is probably the loudest and most outrageous shop we found this t-shirt.


Really, need I say more?

This is what I will look like when I loose all my weight.............NOT!

On an entirely different topic:  I went to see my surgeon today.  No fill for me!  I am in my green zone. 

We talked for a few minutes about my diet and exercise routine and went over my weight loss for the last month............7.5 lbs.

I was a little disappointed in myself.  Why?  Old habits.  Really, what did I expect?  That is almost 2 lbs. a week. 

I voiced my concerns.  Should I change my carb counts?  Maybe my sodium is too high?  Should I not occasionally give in to my little splurges?

He rolled his eyes.  He said I was right on track.  A model patient.

 Me, the model patient.  That is music to an over-achievers ears.

What did I take out of the appointment?

1.  I always try to be the best at everything. I beat myself up if I fall a little short. Very bad habit.  It could lead to diet demise.  I have to be easier on myself.

2.  My calories and exercise are fine.  More is not always better.

3.  I really don't want to be one of those ladies that looses too quickly and end up with really flappy arms.

4.  I have to be realistic in my goals.

5.  I have to be happy with myself.  Because, I have come a long way, baby!  (Wasn't that some cigarette ad in the 80's?)

That is all for today.  This girly is worn out from the 3.5 miles I walked and the 20 minutes of Yoga I did today. 

Adios, from the land of the tacky t-shirts.


4 comments:

  1. LOL at the tacky t-shirt !! You are doing awesome ... in the green zone .. way to go !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tacky t-shirt!! Made my day!! GREAT job on being the model patient! Gives the rest of us OCD folks something to strive for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can call you on the tacky t-shirt and raise you on it...I live in New Orleans after all (need I say more?). What you wrote about perfectionism could have been written by me. Even almost 9 months after surgery I am still working on that aspect of my journey...

    You're doing GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadface. I'm one of the ones with flappy arms! LOL But I knew I'd have them anyway, my arm were HUGE.

    You are the model patient, 7.5 lbs is great. Especially since you're not in the initial "lose-10-lbs-per-week" stages. Enjoy your successes, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete