Weight Loss Ticker

About Me

My photo
TX, United States
I am a 39 yr. old stay at home mom to 3 girls ages 10, 9 and 7. My goal is to be fit by 40! I want to lead a healthier lifestyle. I was banded on 4/5/2011. I tend to be a bit on the sarcastic and cynical side. I love to read, hate to excersise (but am learning to tolerate it!), love to shop and want to smack anyone who is a size 2 (not really!). I am learning to work with my band and my new self one day at a time!

Contact Info

Please feel free to e-mail me at brendamyers@msn.com

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What Kind Of Person Do You Want To Be?

This morning I did not want to work out.  I contemplated calling my workout buddy and making some excuse.  I even went so far as to check my youngest daughters temperature (she said she wasn't feeling well).  Every excuse ran through my head.  But something stopped me.  Or rather I should say SOMEBODY.

My middle child asked me how far I was going to walk today.  And if I was going to meet her friends mom (my workout partner).  I didn't want to tell her I was tired.  I didn't want to let my daughter down, myself down, my workout buddy down.  So, I got a strong Starbucks coffee, laced up my tennies and walked.

We walked approximately 7 miles today before I thought I was going to fall over.  I forgot to take water!  Stupid mistake as my band was tight and I felt dehydrated.  1 mile from my house we had to call a friend to pick us up because I thought I was going to pass out!  (Thanks T........our rescuer in a mini van!).

Anyway, the point is.............I didn't think I would walk that far.  It is approximately 4 miles from my driveway to the stop sign at the end of our curvy road.  There are hills, dips and twists.  When you finally make it to the stop sign you are actually in the next town.

But, we kept walking.  We kept talking.  Before we knew it we were almost there.  Then we pushed ourselves to reach that Stop sign.

I got to thinking about how I used to view challenges in my life.  I would sit and look at them.  I would think there is no way.  I would give up.

Not anymore.

Now, if I have to I will chisel away at the wall (obstacle).  It may be slow but I WILL get through.  If I can, I will scale that wall or find away around it.

What a huge moment............as a woman, as a mom.

I don't want my girls to think I have given up.  And that is what I had done.  I was letting life get the best of me.

I want to be the kind of mom that inspires her girls.  I want them to remember that I was strong, independent, capable, fearless, empowered............ that I could do anything.

I want to be a role model.  I want them to WANT to be like me.  I don't want them to be embarrassed by the fact that their mom has given up.  I want to be present.

That is what I am doing.  Everyday.  I am pounding this pavement for myself and my girls.

I am going to prove to myself I can do this.  I can keep going, even when I think I can't go another step.

Today, I became a little more athletic.  A little stronger.  A little more determined.

Today, I believe I can accomplish anything.

Today is a good day because I didn't STOP.




I am strong.........I am woman!


THE stop sign.
Lesley and Me after walking 4 miles.  She is the best workout buddy EVER!

One of the big curves and hills (looks bigger in person!)


I found this quote and thought I would share it:

It's the constant and determined effort that breaks down all resistance and sweeps away all obstacles.
Claude M. Bristol

5 comments:

  1. Good job! It's amazing how we can do more than we think we can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's getting past that thought of not really wanting to work out that's the hardest part...and 7 miles is AMAZING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a LONG walk. Good for you for sticking with your plan even though you didn't feel up to it.

    You ARE woman! And I know your girls are super proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure your girls are proud of you. So am I!
    I have found that I like be "this" person that starts the day with exercise. Somedays we need to just force ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing post! Thanks for sharing with us, and for being an inspiration for us! I love that you helped us crawl right into your head and go through the process just like you did...makes it easier for me to talk myself into it now!! You rocked it sista!!
    congrats!!
    dede

    ReplyDelete