Ten Things Thursday brought to us by the always lovely Laura at Beer, Dogs and Getting Healthier
1. I saw a really low number on the scale this morning. I am not going to say or post the number in fear that it will jinx it and the number will be up tomorrow (that has happened before). I think boosting my protein to 100 g a day is starting to make an impact on the numbers.
2. Yesterday it POURED down rain. Seriously. Torrential down pour. Our driveway was a muddy lake. Goodbye Texas drought.
3. My life is pretty boring this week (which is good). Nothing major. Smooth sailing. I probably should not have said that because now something will go horribly wrong. Does that happen to you? You think everything is going great and then BAM something happens?
4. Workout this morning was a JMichaels Boost Your Metabolism DVD. I have to admit it kicked my ass. I haven't been that tired in a long time. And not the good kind of tired either where you feel energized and great after a workout. The tired that I crawled into bed and took a 2 hr. nap. Lazy, huh? Not my favorite DVD.
5. Who the hell told me to get on Pinterest? Can you say time-sucking website? Such great ideas. I think I may have to limit my time on there. I may have a Pinterest addiction already. Is there an intervention?
6. My oldest daughter went to a Middle School information seminar yesterday. Ouch. That solidifies that I am getting old. Middle School? I am not ready. Not at all. Especially for the girl/boy part.
7. Last week I bought the kids 2% milk. I thought since they are kids maybe they needed to extra fat. They wouldn't drink it. They complained they wanted Skim instead. Who are these kids? Last year they would have complained about Skim.
8. I am a cleaning procrastinator. I wish I was a cleaning freak. But I am not. I will do ANYTHING to put it off. I think I need a housekeeper. If my husband is reading this................I definitely need a maid. Please, please, please. I have been a good little wife.
9. The other day I was feeling on my back and I got freaked out because I felt a knot. I just knew something was wrong. And I started stressing out. Then I felt on the other side (same place). I felt the same kind of knot. It is just a muscle that I can feel now since there are not a thousand layers of fat in the way. Weird. I am starting to notice bones and muscles more.
10. Found this on Pinterest and thought I'd share:
Well everyone, I hope you are having a fantastic Thursday!!!!