Weight Loss Ticker

About Me

My photo
TX, United States
I am a 39 yr. old stay at home mom to 3 girls ages 10, 9 and 7. My goal is to be fit by 40! I want to lead a healthier lifestyle. I was banded on 4/5/2011. I tend to be a bit on the sarcastic and cynical side. I love to read, hate to excersise (but am learning to tolerate it!), love to shop and want to smack anyone who is a size 2 (not really!). I am learning to work with my band and my new self one day at a time!

Contact Info

Please feel free to e-mail me at brendamyers@msn.com

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ten Things Thursday

Ten Things Thursday brought to us by the always lovely Laura at Beer, Dogs and Getting Healthier

1.  I saw a really low number on the scale this morning.  I am not going to say or post the number in fear that it will jinx it and the number will be up tomorrow (that has happened before).  I think boosting my protein to 100 g a day is starting to make an impact on the numbers. 

2.  Yesterday it POURED down rain.  Seriously.  Torrential down pour.  Our driveway was a muddy lake.  Goodbye Texas drought.

3.  My life is pretty boring this week (which is good).  Nothing major.  Smooth sailing.  I probably should not have said that because now something will go horribly wrong.  Does that happen to you?  You think everything is going great and then BAM  something happens?

4.  Workout this morning was a JMichaels Boost Your Metabolism DVD.  I have to admit it kicked my ass.  I haven't been that tired in a long time.  And not the good kind of tired either where you feel energized and great after a workout.  The tired that I crawled into bed and took a 2 hr. nap.  Lazy, huh?  Not my favorite DVD. 

5.  Who the hell told me to get on Pinterest?  Can you say time-sucking website?  Such great ideas.  I think I may have to limit my time on there.  I may have a Pinterest addiction already.  Is there an intervention?

6.  My oldest daughter went to a Middle School information seminar yesterday.  Ouch.  That solidifies that I am getting old.  Middle School?  I am not ready.  Not at all.  Especially for the girl/boy part.

7.  Last week I bought the kids 2% milk.  I thought since they are kids maybe they needed to extra fat.  They wouldn't drink it.  They complained they wanted Skim instead.  Who are these kids?  Last year they would have complained about Skim.

8.  I am a cleaning procrastinator.  I wish I was a cleaning freak.  But I am not.  I will do ANYTHING to put it off.  I think I need a housekeeper.  If my husband is reading this................I definitely need a maid.  Please, please, please.  I have been a good little wife. 

9.  The other day I was feeling on my back and I got freaked out because I felt a knot.  I just knew something was wrong.  And I started stressing out.  Then I felt on the other side (same place).  I felt the same kind of knot.  It is just a muscle that I can feel now since there are not a thousand layers of fat in the way.  Weird.  I am starting to notice bones and muscles more. 

10.  Found this on Pinterest and thought I'd share:
What a great idea, huh?  I wish I would have had this idea in the beginning of my journey.  You put all the pebble in the Pounds to Go container and as you lose each pound you move the pebble to the Pounds Lost container.  Simply brilliant!

Well everyone, I hope you are having a fantastic Thursday!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Ha - I just wrote about how the fact that Pinterest exists drives me crazy! I don't have time!! Love that last idea though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading and I love Pinterest too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, #9 made me giggle. Isn't it great that you're able to feel muscles now?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooohhh...love the pounds lost/to go jar. thanks for sharing that. and congrats on your secret # :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been on Pinterest. I have seen so many people say they are addicted to it and Lord only knows I don't need another addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending positive vibes you still see that new low when you weigh in!
    I have been avoiding pinterest like the plague cuz I already know I will get addicted LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the jars! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The muscle one is great!!! And I love the jars. And pintrest. Damn that suckhole.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the muscle thing! I'm having that problem with bones, too. I have some of those knobby little bones on my shoulders now... It's freaking me out. :-/ I need more fat or something. LOL

    ReplyDelete