Weight Loss Ticker

About Me

My photo
TX, United States
I am a 39 yr. old stay at home mom to 3 girls ages 10, 9 and 7. My goal is to be fit by 40! I want to lead a healthier lifestyle. I was banded on 4/5/2011. I tend to be a bit on the sarcastic and cynical side. I love to read, hate to excersise (but am learning to tolerate it!), love to shop and want to smack anyone who is a size 2 (not really!). I am learning to work with my band and my new self one day at a time!

Contact Info

Please feel free to e-mail me at brendamyers@msn.com

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Inspiration

Anything can inspire you.

Anyone can inspire you.

Inspiration is all around us.

If we open our eyes, our ears, our minds.

Sometimes, my inspiration comes from my 7 yr. old, who puts her arms around my middle, hugs tight, buries her head in my slack tummy that gave birth to her and says with a sigh..."I can put my arms all the way around you now."

Sometimes, my inspiration comes from a sweet breeze that blows while I walk.  As if God is blowing on just me.

Sometimes my inspiration comes from a quiet moment when I can fold myself up comfortably in my favorite leather chair while lazily reading a novel.

Sometimes my inspiration comes from that burst of adrenaline I get while walking hills.  That one second when I forget everything and just live in the moment.

Sometimes my inspiration comes from the smell of my 9 yr. olds hair when she is curled in my lap.

Sometimes my inspiration comes from my sibling who conquered an addiction.  His strength, perseverance and strong spirit make me know I can succeed in my own battle.

Sometimes my inspiration comes after a squabble with my 11 yr. old.  That few minutes when my tween daughter still needs my acceptance.  My love.  My affirmation.

Sometimes my inspiration comes from a friend.  Who said she loved me when I was 300 lbs. and she loves me now.

Sometimes my inspiration comes from my parents.  Who never gave up on me.  Not once.  They have believed I would succeed in my journey.

Sometimes my inspiration comes from my husband.  Who told me one night that he thought I looked better now than I did when we were first married.  The man who loved me when I was heavy and loves me now still.

Somethimes my inspiration is the twinkling of the girl's laughter, the dog's quiet snore or the calming peace I find at the end of a hard day.

Maybe, it comes from a blog I read or a song I hear.  A picture.  A comment someone makes.  It is everywhere......inspiration.

Most often my inspiration comes from myself.  From somewhere deep down inside me.  I remember when I had to learn to walk again, talk again, eat and live again.  I remember how I felt in that terrifying moment.  That gives me inspiration.  It gives me a burning desire to never go back to that dark place.  The place where I had no hope.  No will. 

Inspiration comes from knowing the past can no longer hurt me, the present is what I make it and the future is what I dream it to be.

Inspiration.

It is all around us.

It is where you least expect it.

Just open your eyes, your ears, your heart and your mind.

You will find it.

3 comments: