Weight Loss Ticker

About Me

My photo
TX, United States
I am a 39 yr. old stay at home mom to 3 girls ages 10, 9 and 7. My goal is to be fit by 40! I want to lead a healthier lifestyle. I was banded on 4/5/2011. I tend to be a bit on the sarcastic and cynical side. I love to read, hate to excersise (but am learning to tolerate it!), love to shop and want to smack anyone who is a size 2 (not really!). I am learning to work with my band and my new self one day at a time!

Contact Info

Please feel free to e-mail me at brendamyers@msn.com

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

One Year Bandiversary Letter

Dear Past Me,

At this very moment one year ago you are being wheeled into pre-op.  You have NO idea how your life is about to change. 

I know you are scared.  Don't be.

A tiny piece of plastic is about to give you the will to fight.  The will to live again.  The courage to make you do things that you thought were impossible.

A tiny piece of plastic will give you hope.

A tiny piece of plastic will give you the strength to face your fears.

A tiny piece of plastic will help you understand that YOU are strong.  YOU are a survivor.  YOU can do anything you set your mind to.  YOU are worth saving.

You had it in you all along.  It was just hidden under layers of self doubt, self hate, depression and fat.  As the weight comes off you will find yourself questioning why you let yourself think you were not capable of making the changes to get your life back.

Do not question yourself.  Just live.  Live and love life again.  Live and enjoy your kids laughing.  Live and realize that your husband loves you.  Live and understand that you will love yourself again.  Just live.

You have been given a gift.  An opportunity to correct all the damage you have done to yourself.  Embrace the gift.  Accept it.  Live.

I am proud of you.  This is the first step towards a much brighter, happier and healthier life.  This is the first step in taking control of your life back.  It is the first step in living again.

You just made one of the best decisions you have ever made.  Do not be scared.  Just enjoy.  Just live.

Know this:  YOU are worth it.  YOU are worth saving. 

Sincerely,
Future Me

P.S.
I am enclosing a picture of you one year post-op.  Yes, that is really you.  Really it is.  Hard to believe right?
Anything is possible as long as you believe in yourself.

21 comments:

  1. Happy Bandiversay my sista! I love you tons and am so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Bandiversary Brenda!!! You have done an amazing job this year. I'm so glad that I have the opportunity to share and learn from your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!! :) You have the mental mindset for this. And it shows.

    I just did a shout out to ya on my FB page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great letter! And congratulations!!! Your hard work and belief in yourself is inspiring. WAY TO GO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's my girl! Congrats on a FANTASTIC year, Brenda!

    I love youuu! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING YEAR Brenda! Congrats and happy bandiversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Bandiversary!!! You rock! Lapbands rock too!!
    Onward!
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOORAY YOU!!! "Live" - love this. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Bandiversary and GREAT JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing! You are truly an inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amzing year, Brenda. I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww, Brenda. Your letter seriously made me cry. Thank you for sharing this with us. Keep up the great work.
    Love ya and holy bandiversary

    ReplyDelete
  13. I meant happy, not holy. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy bandiversary! Love this post! You crushed this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are are awesome. No doubt about it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE THIS!! How totally awesome. I am bookmarking this one. It's a keeper! And that pic of you....oh my gosh! You look so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. happy bandiversary!! you've come such a long way!

    ReplyDelete