Weight Loss Ticker

About Me

My photo
TX, United States
I am a 39 yr. old stay at home mom to 3 girls ages 10, 9 and 7. My goal is to be fit by 40! I want to lead a healthier lifestyle. I was banded on 4/5/2011. I tend to be a bit on the sarcastic and cynical side. I love to read, hate to excersise (but am learning to tolerate it!), love to shop and want to smack anyone who is a size 2 (not really!). I am learning to work with my band and my new self one day at a time!

Contact Info

Please feel free to e-mail me at brendamyers@msn.com

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Workout Wednesday

When I was first banded I did not workout.  *GASP*  Scandalous right?  But, I am being honest.

Back then, I could sit on my big butt and still lose weight.  I am sure just having portion control when before I had NONE made the scale go down.  But then I hit my first plateau.

My first plateau happened after I had lost about 50 lbs.  I couldn't break this plateau.  It wasn't going to budge.  So, I began to swim.

Swimming while still 250 lbs. was doable.  It took the stress off my joints.  I loved it.  The scale moved again.  Rapidly.  It was amazing.  The feeling of empowerment and strength was something that I loved.  After about 25 more pounds lost and the end of summer,  I began to walk.  Slowly at first.  Then it progressed to at least 3 miles a day. 

Another plateau hit at about 190.  It was apparent I had to change my exercise routine up.  I already log my food so I knew that my food and calories were not the culprit of the plateau.

I began to add strength training to my walking routine.

That is what I do now.  6 days of walking.  3 of those days I do strength and circuit training along with cardio. 

I am at another plateau.  I have to change things up again.  My body has gotten used to my normal walking and strength routine.  It needs a change. 

Why am I telling you all this?  Because without exercise I would not be at 148 lbs. lost.  There is just no way.  Exercise is the key to changing your body, your weight and even your mental health.

I have noticed that every one of us that has been overly successful in our weight loss journeys have incorporated some sort of exercise routine.  Every one of us.

And those that I read about that are in maintenance and are keeping the weight off are all avid exercisers.  There is just no way around it.  Exercise is the secret.

So, if you want your weight loss to be uber-successful........you have to exercise.

If you want to actually eat and keep the weight from creeping back..............you have to exercise.

You want to be at an optimum health level?................exercise.

It may be walking or swimming.  It may be Zumba or kickboxing.  Strength training or running.  There are so many choices out there.  The possibilities are endless.

Find something.  Anything.  Just find an exercise plan that you love.  One that you will stick with.  Something that you will follow through with.  Just something.

You will thank yourself for making it a priority.  You really will.  I promise. 

So get up and move.  Get up and celebrate life.  Give workout Wednesday a try.  You may find that you like how you feel after exercising.  At the very least, you may find you can tolerate it!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your Workout Wednesday with us! I am an avid believer as my weekly workout post would attest too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this post today! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preach it sista! Amen.

    Exercise is the KEY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda I can't believe I haven't stumbled upon your blog until now. 148 lbs!!!! YES!!! You are an inspiration! I'm with you on Workout Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn right exercise is the key! Even if you just make a conscious effort to move around an hour more a day than you normally would in unconventional ways (shopping, gardening, etc) it makes SUCH a difference. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't agree more! Great advice!

    ReplyDelete