- I followed my own advice yesterday and got my sorry butt to the gym. You just thought I wrote the exercise post for you, didn't you? I really was motivating myself to get off my duff and go workout. I did and I felt so much better. Plus, after working out I easily resisted all the Easter loot that is in my fridge. YOU CAN'T HURT ME YOU CHOCOLATE COVERED PEEP!!! Those things are seriously addictive. Marshmellowy goodness, coated in a layer of chocolate. Little pillows of heaven. I resisted though. Yeah me!
- I bought a pair of denim capris yesterday. Size 10. Hold on. Let me write that again. Size 10. How stinkin' awesome. I haven't seen a size 10 since college.
- I had a great time with my sister last weekend. Shopping. Dyeing Easter eggs. I haven't had that much fun with her in years. Since the fat is gone, I am much more confident and I am not embarrassed about my weight. It is nice to just be able to relax and enjoy life again. Here is a picture of all us girls. My dad stayed out of the kitchen. Smart man. There was a lot of estrogen in that room.
- I have consumed way too much Easter candy. I need to detox. I wonder if I could check myself into a program for sugar addiction. Hello, my name is Brenda and I am a sugar-a-holic. My fridge looks like Easter threw up in it. Awwww, Easter Bunny....why do you torture me?
- I wonder why people feel the need to say asinine comments about my weight loss. I wish people had a filter over their mouths. It would make my life so much easier. I mean duh, I know I have lost a ton of weight. I realize I look better. But why do you have to say loudly in front of my good friends just how much better you think I look. And then, keep beating the topic to death. I just do not understand this. You are not making me feel better, you are making me feel worse about how I looked in the past. Enough already. Just let me move on from the topic. You aren't helping me. Really. Filter yourself and walk away.
- I ran on the dreadmill yesterday. I only ran for the duration of one song. I could have went longer but I didn't want to. So instead, I cranked up the dreadmill incline to 10. I want to love running but I just don't. I love walking or hiking. It is just my "thang". Plus, I bet I look stupid when I run. I don't look all cute like I think I do.
- Tonight, our school is having a health fair. Lots of local businesses are coming out to promote health and wellness for our students. A lot of booths are going up today. My daughter told me they are having a Zumba class in the gym. Rock on! It should be fun. Since I am in charge of the PTO, I get to help set up. As my hubby says, I am going to my full-time non-paying job tonight.
- We are getting a new Pug puppy. I am so excited. Her name is Mei-Ling (in Chinese it means beautiful girl). She will be ready to come home in 3-4 weeks. We got to meet her Tuesday. She is just gorgeous. Apricot colored and so little! I can't wait. I hope Ming-Ming (our 4 yr. old Pug) will be nice to her new sister.
- Since my fill last Thursday, I have been taking it easy food-wise. This fill has given me a lot more restriction so I wanted to get back to the basic eating habits of a bandster. I have been slowly introducing mushies and softer foods back into my diet this week. This has been good for me. I was getting a little cocky about my food choices. Sometimes getting back to basics is a good thing.
- My mom made me a pot of my favorite kind of soup. That is how much my mommy loves me! My favorite soup is....................Split Pea With Ham. You are probably grossed out now. But ever since I was a little kid I have loved Split Pea. I guess it just brings back good childhood memories for me. Anyway, I will be so happy this week eating my soup. Yummy!
Georgia holding Mei-Ling.
Lily holding Mei-Ling