Weight Loss Ticker

About Me

My photo
TX, United States
I am a 39 yr. old stay at home mom to 3 girls ages 10, 9 and 7. My goal is to be fit by 40! I want to lead a healthier lifestyle. I was banded on 4/5/2011. I tend to be a bit on the sarcastic and cynical side. I love to read, hate to excersise (but am learning to tolerate it!), love to shop and want to smack anyone who is a size 2 (not really!). I am learning to work with my band and my new self one day at a time!

Contact Info

Please feel free to e-mail me at brendamyers@msn.com

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ten Things Thursday

Oh yes, it is that day again.  The day when you get to read sheer randomness.  Randomness?!  Is that really a word or did I just make that up?  Anyway, Ten Things Thursday is brought to us by the lovely Laura at Beer, Dogs and Getting Healthier.  Let the randomness begin..............

  1. I followed my own advice yesterday and got my sorry butt to the gym.  You just thought I wrote the exercise post for you, didn't you?  I really was motivating myself to get off my duff and go workout.  I did and I felt so much better.  Plus, after working out I easily resisted all the Easter loot that is in my fridge.  YOU CAN'T HURT ME YOU CHOCOLATE COVERED PEEP!!!  Those things are seriously addictive.  Marshmellowy goodness, coated in a layer of chocolate.  Little pillows of heaven.  I resisted though.  Yeah me!
  2. I bought a pair of denim capris yesterday.  Size 10.  Hold on.  Let me write that again.  Size 10.  How stinkin' awesome.  I haven't seen a size 10 since college. 
  3. I had a great time with my sister last weekend.  Shopping.  Dyeing Easter eggs.  I haven't had that much fun with her in years.  Since the fat is gone, I am much more confident and I am not embarrassed about my weight.  It is nice to just be able to relax and enjoy life again.  Here is a picture of all us girls.  My dad stayed out of the kitchen.  Smart man.  There was a lot of estrogen in that room.
  4. I have consumed way too much Easter candy.  I need to detox.  I wonder if I could check myself into a program for sugar addiction.  Hello, my name is Brenda and I am a sugar-a-holic.  My fridge looks like Easter threw up in it.  Awwww, Easter Bunny....why do you torture me?
  5. I wonder why people feel the need to say asinine comments about my weight loss.  I wish people had a filter over their mouths.  It would make my life so much easier.  I mean duh, I know I have lost a ton of weight.  I realize I look better.  But why do you have to say loudly in front of my good friends just how much better you think I look.  And then, keep beating the topic to death.  I just do not understand this.  You are not making me feel better, you are making me feel worse about how I looked in the past.  Enough already.  Just let me move on from the topic.  You aren't helping me.  Really.  Filter yourself and walk away.
  6. I ran on the dreadmill yesterday.  I only ran for the duration of one song.  I could have went longer but I didn't want to.  So instead, I cranked up the dreadmill incline to 10.  I want to love running but I just don't.  I love walking or hiking.  It is just my "thang".  Plus, I bet I look stupid when I run.  I don't look all cute like I think I do. 
  7. Tonight, our school is having a health fair.  Lots of local businesses are coming out to promote health and wellness for our students.  A lot of booths are going up today.  My daughter told me they are having a Zumba class in the gym.  Rock on!  It should be fun.  Since I am in charge of the PTO, I get to help set up.  As my hubby says, I am going to my full-time non-paying job tonight. 
  8. We are getting a new Pug puppy.  I am so excited.  Her name is Mei-Ling (in Chinese it means beautiful girl).  She will be ready to come home in 3-4 weeks.  We got to meet her Tuesday.  She is just gorgeous.  Apricot colored and so little!  I can't wait.  I hope Ming-Ming (our 4 yr. old Pug) will be nice to her new sister. 
  9. Georgia holding Mei-Ling.
    Mei-Ling
    Lily holding Mei-Ling
  10. Since my fill last Thursday, I have been taking it easy food-wise.  This fill has given me a lot more restriction so I wanted to get back to the basic eating habits of a bandster.  I have been slowly introducing mushies and softer foods back into my diet this week.  This has been good for me.  I was getting a little cocky about my food choices.  Sometimes getting back to basics is a good thing.
  11. My mom made me a pot of my favorite kind of soup.  That is how much my mommy loves me!  My favorite soup is....................Split Pea With Ham.  You are probably grossed out now.  But ever since I was a little kid I have loved Split Pea.  I guess it just brings back good childhood memories for me.  Anyway, I will be so happy this week eating my soup.  Yummy!
Well, that is all for today!  I hope you have a fantabulous Thursday.

10 comments:

  1. Cute new puppy and you know I only ever had my pregnancy after weight where I had gained so much weight but I just had someone say something similar to me - "man you were soooo much bigger at the golf tournament....you look great now" - excuse me?

    lol I never comment on people's weight loss. I am more so the person that always tells people they look great. when people tell me they've lost such and such amount of weight I congratulate them b/c I know how hard it is to lose it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You puppy is absolutely adorable!!! Kudos for going to the gym and running on the dreadmill...I'm pretty much with you on the running thing. When I go out walking I do a run/walk combo but I just don't get what the fuss is all about...it just doesn't do it for me.

    And you're gonna get so sick of me saying this but we are so much alike (I'm starting to think you're my long lost twin sister or something)...I love split pea soup!!! I'm the only one in my house who eats it so whenever we have a ham for dinner I ALWAYS make a big pot of split pea soup the next day and freeze it. Come to think of it, I haven't had any in a while...maybe I need to thaw some out for lunch tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the puppy!! So happy for you.

    As for the running, I'm impressed about the 10 incline lady! seriously, running isn't for everyone, we all just have to do what we like and can sustain. I would never want to do that 10 incline! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Pug Pup is adorable... We have alot of pugs in our family too, my uncle has had 4, and my aunt had one too. Amazing on the Running, I hate it too. I don't see what all the fuss is about...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love puppy and kiddo cutness!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously - love your list and MY GOD that puppy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see more pics of the pup!

    And how awesome about the health fair? I hope the boys have fun stuff like that to participate in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, just found your blog, I was banded 1/6/12...your new puppy is too cute!!! I feel the same way about split pea soup, odd choice but just so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The puppy is so cute! I know your girls will love having her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great TTT!!!
    You so cute. Just sayin'.

    And, if you wanna, you can just ship those chocolate covered peeps right on over to my house. no problem. I'll take care of them for you!

    I love Mei-Ling!!! Soooo cute! I want another puppy.

    ReplyDelete