Weight Loss Ticker

About Me

My photo
TX, United States
I am a 39 yr. old stay at home mom to 3 girls ages 10, 9 and 7. My goal is to be fit by 40! I want to lead a healthier lifestyle. I was banded on 4/5/2011. I tend to be a bit on the sarcastic and cynical side. I love to read, hate to excersise (but am learning to tolerate it!), love to shop and want to smack anyone who is a size 2 (not really!). I am learning to work with my band and my new self one day at a time!

Contact Info

Please feel free to e-mail me at brendamyers@msn.com

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Settling

I was this close to calling maintenance (I am holding my fingers up to indicate less than a smidge).

Really.  This close.

Because my body really likes this weight.  Between 169-173.  For the last month that is where I have been.  Stuck here.  Right here.  In yo-yo land.

The scale didn't move again this morning.  It said 170.3.  I began to question myself.  Because it seems no matter what I eat or how much I exercise this is it.  This is my happy place.  And really, I am okay with that.

Then I read Holly's post today.  It changed everything.

What I am not okay with is settling.  Giving up.  Not trying.  Because if I give up then I am admitting defeat.  And I am in no way defeated.

The scale may never budge below 169 without the help of a plastics doctor.  That IS the reality.  But, that does not make it okay to give up trying.  By trying, I do not mean starving myself or obsessively exercising either.  I just mean doing my best.  Keeping up the exercise routine.  Concentrating on my protein intake.
Uh, not eating so much sugar (Darn you Easter Bunny!).

Persevering.

Because the moment I settle, I give up on myself.

That is not something I am willing to do.

Because the old me would have given up by now.  The new me says, "Hell no! Keep trucking girl.  Get out there and kick some ass!"

So settling?  No.  I am not going to settle.  There is always something to improve on.  Less sugar (notice how that has been said MANY times...because I am a choc-a-holic).  More strength training.  More whole foods.
There is lots of room for improvement.

Just doing my best.  That is what my goal is now.  Just trying my hardest.  Giving it 100% effort.  Knowing that I did EVERYTHING I could.  Blood.  Sweat.  Tears. 

Why?  Because...........................I am worth it!

6 comments:

  1. You are so right, my friend. If we keep working on it and be patient the scale might reward us by moving those few extra lbs but, if not, we are still doing a good thing for ourselve by eating well and exercising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, inspirational. I'm not banded yet, but I WILL make goal and I will NEVER give up. So nice to have ladies like you to gather inspiration from! :)

    ReplyDelete