Weight Loss Ticker

About Me

My photo
TX, United States
I am a 39 yr. old stay at home mom to 3 girls ages 10, 9 and 7. My goal is to be fit by 40! I want to lead a healthier lifestyle. I was banded on 4/5/2011. I tend to be a bit on the sarcastic and cynical side. I love to read, hate to excersise (but am learning to tolerate it!), love to shop and want to smack anyone who is a size 2 (not really!). I am learning to work with my band and my new self one day at a time!

Contact Info

Please feel free to e-mail me at brendamyers@msn.com

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Internet Snafu

Is that how you spell snafu?  I don't even know if it is a real word.  But, a snafu is what I have been experiencing when trying to log onto the Internet.  2 whole days I have been without communication to the outside world.  I haven't been able to check blogs, log my food, e-mail or FB!  It seems they have been working on our communication tower here in the country.  And, seeing that we country folk aren't important........they have made it a 2 day project.  However, as of last night our Internet is working at mega fast speed.  I feel whole again.

Yesterday I traveled to the big city to do some PTO shopping.  While at the big warehouse store that starts with a S and is part of the Wally World corporation,  I found a trench coat.

It is the perfect weight for down here.  Not heavily insulated but lined and waterproof.  I bought a size XL to give myself a little room in the bust.  I am sure in a month it will be a little bigger and perfect when I need to wear a sweater under it.

I am still in complete shock that something out of the regular size department will fit.  Last year at this time, I would have been looking for a 3 or 4X in the plus size.

A whole new shopping world has opened up.  UH-OH!!!  Boy, is my hubby in trouble.  I don't know if I have revealed this before but I was a fashion merchandising major in college.  I used to eat, breathe and sleep fashion.  Now I can shop anywhere again.  My bank account may never be the same!

But, it sure is nice not to have to question whether I will fit into something.  Again, it is very surreal to me. 

I hope all of you out there in blog land have had a great few days!  I am really enjoying seeing all the pictures from BOOBS.  Hopefully, next year I will be able to go.

I will leave you with a picture of the purchased coat.  When I looked at the picture I smiled real big because my waist is reappearing!  DIVINE!!!


The yoga capris and bare feet really make this jacket pop!  HA!


6 comments:

  1. I am starting to enjoy shopping for the first time ever!I went to Lane Bryant the other day because I had a 50% off coupon, and was pleased to be able to buy 14/16 top and jacket. Last year it was 2X!

    That is a cute jacket. I may have to take a trip to the place that starts with S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great coat...I need to find one for this year too (not that it gets too cold here in New Orleans but we do need them occaisionally)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the coat!!! It looks soo wonderful on you!

    ReplyDelete