Weight Loss Ticker

About Me

My photo
TX, United States
I am a 39 yr. old stay at home mom to 3 girls ages 10, 9 and 7. My goal is to be fit by 40! I want to lead a healthier lifestyle. I was banded on 4/5/2011. I tend to be a bit on the sarcastic and cynical side. I love to read, hate to excersise (but am learning to tolerate it!), love to shop and want to smack anyone who is a size 2 (not really!). I am learning to work with my band and my new self one day at a time!

Contact Info

Please feel free to e-mail me at brendamyers@msn.com

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thank You Frances Lillian Foote

For years now I have been questioning if I was dropped off on my parents door step.  I just don't look like anyone from my family.

It is hard to see any resemblance when I was a 300 lb. woman.  Everyone in my family is beautiful.  Really.  It is sickening. 

So, being the heavy one made me feel like the black sheep.  I didn't fit in with the people that I have the most in common with.  That is a very lonely feeling.

I didn't grow up heavy.  Yes, I have a slower metabolism than my mom but, in my younger years you could see what gene pool I had come from.  I did not get heavy until after marriage.  Then more so after kids.  Then even more after a life altering illness. 

Yesterday, I had a PTO function to attend.  So, seeing as how I was already "prettied" up, I decided to snap a picture. 

The picture actually stunned me.  Not because I was dressed up.  Not because I had makeup or jewelry on.  It was because I recognized the woman in the picture.

It was my great-grandmother.

There is not a doubt in my mind that the genes I have received came from Frances Lillian Foote.  It is apparent in the photo.  I have her hair.  Her face shape.  Her smile.  I look just like her.

What I see in that picture is reassurance.  I see where I fit in.  Where I belong.

I see my present.  I see my grandmothers past.  And for once, I see the future.

Thank you grandma.  For the Cheetos I used to eat on your porch.  For the Ramen Noodles we loved to eat with you. For the music box that sits on my dresser.  For your giving heart.  For your genes.

I finally feel like I belong again.





5 comments:

  1. You are a beautiful woman - and you've always been YOU, a beautiful woman! I love the words you wrote to your Grandmother.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great post :: tearing up a bit :::

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I found your blog! You are so incredibly inspiring (not to mention ridiculously funny). Thank you for taking the time to document your journey for all of us to see. Your story reminds me that I'm worth it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great pic, you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete