Weight Loss Ticker

About Me

My photo
TX, United States
I am a 39 yr. old stay at home mom to 3 girls ages 10, 9 and 7. My goal is to be fit by 40! I want to lead a healthier lifestyle. I was banded on 4/5/2011. I tend to be a bit on the sarcastic and cynical side. I love to read, hate to excersise (but am learning to tolerate it!), love to shop and want to smack anyone who is a size 2 (not really!). I am learning to work with my band and my new self one day at a time!

Contact Info

Please feel free to e-mail me at brendamyers@msn.com

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Good Ridance FB Friend

Some time ago I blogged about an acquaintance that in my opinion posted something on FB that was rude.  My blog post titled "Ignorance Is Not Bliss" (click on the title to get to the post) explains the whole situation.

Yesterday, the woman who posted her stats on her FB page contacted me and wanted to know why I had deleted her from my FB friends list.

I will be honest.  My first thought was to cover myself and lie.  Maybe say that it was an accident.  But then I thought of all of you.  Of all of us that are going through this weight loss journey.  How we have to stick together and stop fattie bashing.  And so, I told her the truth.

I very calmly told her that I did not appreciate her posting her "perfect" proportions or her rude comment on her FB page.  I told her it was hard enough going through this weight loss journey without having to read her commentary.  I told her I did not want or need any negativity right now. 

I must say it was kind of freeing.  She of course denied that she was "hating" on fat people.  But really it doesn't matter.  She is not someone that I really care about their opinion.

The truth is I don't want to be friends with anyone who thinks themselves better than anyone.  I am not that kind of person.

I have noticed that as my size has decreased that all of a sudden I am more noticeable.  More friend-worthy.  More approachable.

But the truth is I am the same person on the inside.  The outside package has changed but my character has not. 

But what this loss of weight has created is a backbone.  I no longer want people in my life that will get in the way of the journey I am taking.  I no longer want negativity.  I no longer accept shallowness or tolerate other peoples nonsense. 

Is this good?  I don't know.  I guess only time will tell.

I will tell you this................I am not afraid to hit the delete button on FB anymore.

8 comments:

  1. Amen, girlfriend! This is exactly how I feel lately, too. Glad you stood your ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!! I think this journey is about learning more about who we are and having the confidence to be that person, so good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on! I had a old friend on my FB page that was always posting negative crap. Not about weight loss (she doesn't know about S.A.L), but just had some dumb comment about everything. Poof. I deleted her. I immediately felt better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knowing exactly what I want and need comes with age too - boy, I'm getting a double whammy!! I too refuse to surround myself with people who are negative and bring me down - for whatever reason!

    I say "amen" to you, Sweet Lady!! You did exactly the right thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for standing your ground!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, empowering ... I love it. But, do know, that I would have found you friend-worthy at any weight.

    ReplyDelete