Weight Loss Ticker

About Me

My photo
TX, United States
I am a 39 yr. old stay at home mom to 3 girls ages 10, 9 and 7. My goal is to be fit by 40! I want to lead a healthier lifestyle. I was banded on 4/5/2011. I tend to be a bit on the sarcastic and cynical side. I love to read, hate to excersise (but am learning to tolerate it!), love to shop and want to smack anyone who is a size 2 (not really!). I am learning to work with my band and my new self one day at a time!

Contact Info

Please feel free to e-mail me at brendamyers@msn.com

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tales Of The Too Tight T-shirt

Six years ago, on Mother's Day, my kids made me a hand print t-shirt.  They each painted their little hands and decorated a shirt for me.  They thought they had given me the best thing ever.  There was only one problem..........

The t-shirt was a size large.  There was no way I could fit into it.  At the time I was a solid 3X.

I remember the look on their little faces.  They were so disappointed.  I remember how mortified and embarrassed I was.

Fast forward to the present.

Yesterday, I was digging around in my drawers eliminating clothes that are too big.  I pulled out the t-shirt.  It has never been worn.  It has been collecting dust in the bottom of my lingerie drawer.

I looked at the shirt.  I thought.......there is no way a large will fit yet.  But, I tried it on anyway.

Guess what?

It fit.  Perfectly.  It even has a bit of room in the shoulders and arms.

I was so excited.  I went to show the girls.

My middle daughter began to cry.  I asked her what was the matter.  She said that she could remember me not fitting into it.  That she was sad for me.  That I am not the same mom.  That she is proud.

She made me cry too.

Not because I was sad anymore. 

I finally feel like myself. 

I have found the mom I was meant to be. 



7 comments:

  1. That is the BEST non-scale victory! Also on the plus side, you can wear it until they are grown because it's still brand new. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing!! I think this is one of the best NSV's I've read - EVER!!

    CONGRATULATIONS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I think that is one of the best NSV I have heard to date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, hell... now I'm gonna cry. :)

    Awesome NSV, Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently found your blog and am not sure if you still keep it active. But this post made me cry. I am getting banded in a couple weeks and can't wait to have the success you have had. I'm a mom too and can't wait to celebrate those moments with my daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete