Weight Loss Ticker

About Me

My photo
TX, United States
I am a 39 yr. old stay at home mom to 3 girls ages 10, 9 and 7. My goal is to be fit by 40! I want to lead a healthier lifestyle. I was banded on 4/5/2011. I tend to be a bit on the sarcastic and cynical side. I love to read, hate to excersise (but am learning to tolerate it!), love to shop and want to smack anyone who is a size 2 (not really!). I am learning to work with my band and my new self one day at a time!

Contact Info

Please feel free to e-mail me at brendamyers@msn.com

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Food Police

In the distance I hear a siren.

It is getting closer.

And closer.

Uh-oh, it the food police! 



Lately, I have noticed there are a lot of food police present in my life.  They watch me like hawks.  They are ready to swoop in and critique my every bite.

Why now?  After I have proven myself successful at losing.  Are they scared that I will go morbidly obese again?  Are they concerned for my health?

I think not.

In fact, I think these people are rather irritating.  Like a bad rash you just can't get rid of.

You see, I know EXACTLY what I put in my mouth EVERY DAY.  I am an obsessive logger of all things that have calories.  I can tell you the portion size and calorie count of most foods..........without looking them up.

I have become somewhat of a dietitian of sorts.

I know that a chocolate bar has about 200 calories.  That small bag of chips has approximately 140 calories.  The six popcorn chicken I just put in my mouth?  85 calories.

Before band, I didn't know.  I did not hold myself accountable.  I didn't track calories in vs. calories out.

But now, I truly believe in accountability.  What I put in my mouth I hold myself accountable for.

Can you say..................light bulb moment?!

I also believe that moderation is the key to success.  It will do me no good to tell myself no chocolate EVER.  Instead, when I want chocolate there is a fun size candy bar waiting in my fridge.  And after I eat it...........I LOG IT!!!  How crazy is that?!

Accountability.

That is what I have learned.

I am accountable for what I put in my body.  I am not accountable for what others put in their bodies.

Nor am I one to judge or police what others put in their mouths. 

Why?

Accountability.

So, next time you see a bandster, dieter,  whoever put something you do not approve of in their mouths, remember...............................you are not the food police.  Please be accountable for what you eat, not what others choose to consume.






3 comments:

  1. You know how I feel about it. I'm printing this out and putting it on my wall. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spot on! Love it, love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true ! Tell us more about this popcorn chix for 85 cals ! :)

    ReplyDelete